Grandeur Of Anonymity
There is Grandeur in anonymity
Sans name and individual personal biography
It is still part of oceanic universality.
Being a dropp and ripple in cosmic time and space
It has supreme egoless Grace
Biography and identity don't really mean much except ephemeral fame
After all what's there in a name!
Shakespeare had a valid point
In the mind boggling field of dynamic consciousness
Why etch your name on the bark of a tree, winning a silly point
Billions of nameless workers, artists and thinkers have enriched our cultural awareness!
After all history personal and global is one damn thing after another!
In long run who is going to bother?
Except egos habit of name fame, greatness and immortality
It's great to be anonymous and sleep into even non existentiality.
A secret nameless gift is the highest in god's reckoning
But the gift is given for the real need and not fleeting want
Gift with expectation of return in money, love, gratitude, fame and publicity is just accounting
Secret and anonymous gift or creation is like a sacred chant
TD. Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Grandeur Of Anonymity by TD. Kumar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Emptiness, Marilyn Jean
- Embellishing the Pale Blue Sky, James Darwin Smith II
- Thoughts, Ronald Chapman
- A Moment in Time, Tango Tango
- My Words, Ronald Chapman
- Dreamt Of You 6, Michael P. McParland
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney