I will be as cool as Frost
And like Maya I will rise,
Brush aside Poe's morbid ghost,
I have yet to reach my prize.
There'll be some 'ifs' like Kiplings
Touching trees much like Kilmer,
But I will always write of things
Just like Whittier's 'Maud Muller'.
Bask in freedom like Emerson
Before Longfellow's 'Day is Done'
Work hard like 'Man with the Hoe'
Then 'Cross the Bar' like Tennyson.
All Rights Reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~06.21.14
Topic of this poem: poetry
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Greats (Limerick) by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Johnny Giles (Clerihew), Paul Butters
- Vapour Trail Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- Carrot/Stick Solution, Ima Ryma
- electrification, oskar hansen
- Love And Respect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curtain of Fog, V P Mahur
- Love's Dictum, L. E. O. Gibraltar
- Crow Is Still Thirsty, V P Mahur
- Holding Onto Inner Purposes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Caring For Yourself, RoseAnn V. Shawiak