I will be as cool as Frost
And like Maya I will rise,
Brush aside Poe's morbid ghost,
I have yet to reach my prize.
There'll be some 'ifs' like Kiplings
Touching trees much like Kilmer,
But I will always write of things
Just like Whittier's 'Maud Muller'.
Bask in freedom like Emerson
Before Longfellow's 'Day is Done'
Work hard like 'Man with the Hoe'
Then 'Cross the Bar' like Tennyson.
All Rights Reserved ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~06.21.14
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Greats (Limerick) by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Replicas Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Pools Of Deathness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- HIdden Clock, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 'Poem Time', Wolfie Scott
- It is what it is, The Princess
- hey stickshift, it's like this..., Mandolyn ...
- Dreams, Tony Adah
- Godlike, Lawrence Beck
- Commodore Lionel B. Richie, Richard Thripp
- Her Kindness Is Real, Nihil Existentia