Green Eyed Princess
My eyes where green since the day I was born,
not being told this makes me feel torn.
Now I can relate to “Green Eyed Lady” song,
it’s a song I can dance to all night long.
It has different meanings that you can project,
I feel like the flower child of the sixties to be honest.
Kissing a green eyed lady is like kissing the ocean,
I write about mermaids that make magical potions.
Elton John wrote, “You see I've forwgotten if they're green or they're blue”
Green is harder to come by there are less people with green only a few.
So, being a little different with green eyes and not brown,
makes me more of a princess in my fantasy story with the crown.
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Green Eyed Princess by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Man Who's Down, Edgar Albert Guest
- Lonely, Edgar Albert Guest
- Why Did You Depart?, Dipika Pathania
- Knowing Only Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Memories Of Tomorrow, Edgar Albert Guest
- Real Lessons, Edgar Albert Guest
- Comparing Every Missing Piece, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Hello, Brian Teare
- माळीण madin, ANUP WANKHADE
- Dead House Sonnet, Brian Teare