Life was different
from then to now.
You can get away
with things easily.
Now were older and more mature,
we do more and bigger stuff that goes around.
And sometimes people don't get away with
things fast like they used to.
I do more stuff now,
than when I was little.
When your younger less stuff
go on in your life, you barely do chores,
homework, or even dealing with stress.
We get stressed a lot about
school, especially homework.
It ruins your fun day.
Decisions are more complicated,
sometimes it can be a big deal for people,
because they don't know what to do.
You have more feelings about everything,
about your family,
Why does this world half to be
so big for us?
Why can't it stay the same?
I don't want to grow up fast,
I want my life to be the same as it was
when I was younger.
When your little your parents
basically did all the work for you,
rocked me to sleep,
read me stories,
tells me about my future.
But now I can do all that,
I'm a big kid and I can prove it
to the world, and the world coming to me.
Why can't it all be the same,
instead of changing everyday or even every year?
Why can't we all go back in
our own little world, with our own little rules.
RiRi S...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (***Growing up*** by RiRi S... )
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 March 1907 – 11 September 1987)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Clean And Cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Main neer bhari dukh ki badli, Mahadevi Varma
Poem of the Day
- Crystal Clear, Jason Summers
- SONG OF YULETIDE EVE, Sir Toby Moses
- Resolution, Neela Nath
- The Fault In Our Stars, Asma Riaz Khan
- Heaven's Delight, JJ Evendon
- (7) जिख्लाबसे लाइजाम: 'रैसुमै'नो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Two or Three, M.J. Lemon
- A Modern Haiku For Modern Life, M.J. Lemon
- We are All Nomads, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dancing Shadows!, Md. Ziaul Haque