Life was different
from then to now.
You can get away
with things easily.
Now were older and more mature,
we do more and bigger stuff that goes around.
And sometimes people don't get away with
things fast like they used to.
I do more stuff now,
than when I was little.
When your younger less stuff
go on in your life, you barely do chores,
homework, or even dealing with stress.
We get stressed a lot about
school, especially homework.
It ruins your fun day.
Decisions are more complicated,
sometimes it can be a big deal for people,
because they don't know what to do.
You have more feelings about everything,
about your family,
Why does this world half to be
so big for us?
Why can't it stay the same?
I don't want to grow up fast,
I want my life to be the same as it was
when I was younger.
When your little your parents
basically did all the work for you,
rocked me to sleep,
read me stories,
tells me about my future.
But now I can do all that,
I'm a big kid and I can prove it
to the world, and the world coming to me.
Why can't it all be the same,
instead of changing everyday or even every year?
Why can't we all go back in
our own little world, with our own little rules.
RiRi S...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (***Growing up*** by RiRi S... )
- King and Queen of Hearts, Philo Yan
- How can you rehabilitate us, Aftab Alam
- All Over, Edward Kofi Louis
- Haram II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Pick-Ups!, Edward Kofi Louis
- AK-47, Edward Kofi Louis
- Poem for Dwayne, Jenny Santiago
- Raschid, Edward Kofi Louis
- Cupcake capers, Roann Mendriq
- Dschamila, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)