Growth of a poet
like mum and dad,
Are fed in the minds
As first words.
Thus written as first.
When stringed together poetically
Marks the crawling of a 'todler poet'
Avid reading and writing
Over time as age advances
Perfects the poetic prowess.
Gradually, the poet
Climbs the world poetic platform,
If their creativity is
'out of this world'
Then they get the privilege
Of sharing the same podium
With the Shakespeares
Both of the present and the past.
Cherret Leakey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Growth of a poet by Cherret Leakey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Creators, Midnights Voice
- Without You..! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- I'm not fine without you, Pijush Biswas
- P08222014, Andy Caldwell
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA