Guardians of the night
Flowing in the wind, waiting at oceans tide.
By the great moonlight, all the stars in the sky.
Join together, now and forever.
Mornings light ~ comes and goes.
Hold together hand in hand,
The tide comes in,
Again and again.
Restless amoung the horizons sight,
Glourious rays of bonding light.
The moons shadow is scared and gone,
Whenever the light comes and sings its morning song.
Hiding away but then starts to fade,
The sun conquers all.
And the moon above, then now falls.
Yet there will come another night where the whispers of the wind
And the levitation of the stars grasps the heavens,
The moon is once again reborn, but has now chosen another form.
The great black wolves cry out to this moon, howling in a simultaneous
The moons brethren have come, together in the night.
The moons brethren have come, and are prepared to fight.
Darlene Belcher's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Guardians of the night by Darlene Belcher )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thirst, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Unlimited Beauty, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- A Quarrel, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Lighthouse by the Sea, Mary Bone
- Imagination's Gardens, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Betrayed, Vanessa Parodia
- meri zingagi ek kahaani bn gyi, dr.Neha gupta the POEMLOVER
- Nighttime Visions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A song of sadness, Vanessa Parodia
- Eternal Wanderlust, Leah Ayliffe