My forest was half full of verdant leaves.
It was half full of deep green grass.
My body, half full immersed in ocean deep,
Created a sense of just enough.
The just enough needed for contentment,
The perception of that water-air border.
The half full life that life will present you,
The half full love, when he says he loves you.
The line in that glass filled with water then air,
Looked at a perspective and angle fair,
The optimistic view now prevailing,
The good recognized middle path by the wise instructing.
So contentment in one's life deepening.
The glass half empty,
No the glass half full.
Your perception of that border between water and air.
You making a decision for happiness fair.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Half Full by Vera Sidhwa )
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.21, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.20, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.19, Monk E. Biz
- The Puppet of His Heart, Robert Rorabeck
- Turn Your Back, Tyrone Gayle
- My name is Death, Roxanne Dubarry
- Paleolithic Mermaid, Robert Rorabeck