Pontsho PCP Pusos
Who met happiness recently?
Young couple next door,
Or the noisy
Children on the other side?
How does happiness smile?
With a baring of bleached teeth
Like a celebrity
Or with the pouting of lips
As does a flirt?
How does happiness walk?
With the assured swagger
Of an initiate,
Or with the sashaying of hips
Like heavy-laden maidens?
How does happiness celebrate?
By filling resort rooms
With smells of flowers
Or by having a braai
At the back of the house
Where does happiness live?
With the novae-rich
In the suburbs,
Or with the giggling drunks
In the shebeens?
Pontsho PCP Pusos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness by Pontsho PCP Pusos )
- was has du ge maht, Robert Lynnn
- A Song Of Living, Amelia Josephine Burr
- My Final Goodbye, Naomi Johnson
- I Remember, Kelly Shanks
- Right there, Robert Lynnn
- Beautiful heaven, hasmukh amathalal
- Black Thursday, Barry Jablonski
- ... MY FIGHT FOR LIFE..., Ken e Hall
- Show life, hasmukh amathalal
- Life, Soul Watcher
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Green Mountain, Li Po
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)