Happiness to a broken heart,
Is like water to a tree.
So be careful from the start,
Lest all happiness should flee.
Little things somehow add up,
To something big someday.
So make sure to fill her cup,
With affectionate displays.
Don't be a fool, it just won't do,
To set her needs aside.
She needs to hear it, just like you,
About that love you have inside.
Happiness can only come,
If you open wide your door,
The little things, that seem to some,
Will add up more and more.
Happiness is the reward,
You work for all your days.
So start stocking up your cupboard,
And be quick to mend your ways.
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness, Requiem by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mrs. SZMYKLESZCZWLADECZERYNIECKI'S Last .., John Surowiecki
- Movie Stars Thank My Mother For Her Patr.., John Surowiecki
- INSPIRATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Wisest Aunt, Telling the Saddest Tales, John Surowiecki
- Matin No. 2, John Surowiecki
- The Pristine Chapel, Dog goD 8Hate
- The Mower at the VA Hospital, John Surowiecki
- What I Know About Epistemology, John Surowiecki
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen