Happiness to a broken heart,
Is like water to a tree.
So be careful from the start,
Lest all happiness should flee.
Little things somehow add up,
To something big someday.
So make sure to fill her cup,
With affectionate displays.
Don't be a fool, it just won't do,
To set her needs aside.
She needs to hear it, just like you,
About that love you have inside.
Happiness can only come,
If you open wide your door,
The little things, that seem to some,
Will add up more and more.
Happiness is the reward,
You work for all your days.
So start stocking up your cupboard,
And be quick to mend your ways.
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happiness, Requiem by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Parting Wish By Vijay Vishal, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Fly, I Fly, I Fly Higher and Higher~~~, Monk E. Biz
- 68th Independence Day of India (15th Aug.., Dr John Celes
- At Victoria Memorial, Calcutta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Lilly Emery
- You Just Think She Is Your Sister Too, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Robots In Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- George Crowley Bush, Richard Thripp
- Tragic Dream, Electric Lady
- Fading Away, Tara Stano