Dr John Celes
Happy Birthday, My Dear Wife!
Today is your birthday-
A special day indeed;
May God bless you, I pray,
And meet your every need!
God made you, my darling,
To be my only wife;
And that’s the greatest thing,
That happened in my life!
Marriages when God-made,
Can never lose their charm,
And do we as God bade,
Our hearts are always warm.
‘Happy Birthday, dear wife;
You’re special in my life! ’
Dedicated to my beloved wife, Mercy Celestine.
Copyright by Dr John Celes 1-6-2008
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Happy Birthday, My Dear Wife! by Dr John Celes )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Ki no Tsurayuki
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)