M.D Dinesh Nair
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JESUS
Jesus the Nazareth,
Yet again a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you
It is your *2017th Birthday,
The pages of history down the Earth say it.
I wish you HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY
For many have told me you are not dead!
This CHRISTMAS may pass off with hue and cry as ever
But I want you to listen to my appeal as well this time.
You were once the flicker of hope and love
And you burned like a candle
Splashing its light across a tribe of fishermen and shepherds
Yet'they'nailed you to death.
Now you be the flames of care and fire
And burn like the sun above our sky
For the your land has grown far and wide
Ever since you departed us at a young age!
Leave your abode above as there is more distance from here
And come down to us and be our shepherd stronger
Miracles we want, not the magic of men in power or tower,
You know, Lazarus still lies asleep or dead and you wake him up.
Bear your torch of one million rays
And lead us on the pathway crisscrossing
Unto a future once unknown to you or your father
And we need a trillion loaves of bread and billion gallons of water.
Live among us theists, atheists and agnostics
And fill our minds with the glow that once you had.
Lie not crucified between two thieves again
And we have many here to be soon nailed to death and not you!
Jesus the Nazareth, nay, the Universal,
Bear the burden of masses once more
And not the testimony of holy masses any.
Want not a father to look up to
But be our father hence forth.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Jesus, the Universal,
I wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*2017- Jesus Christ was born in BC 0004.
Comments about this poem (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JESUS by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra
- Tagore Song (#13) When He comes to beg me, Tushar Ray