On the long narrow road
Up hill, and down steep ravines
Path with no borders
Shelters absent in the deep
Wild winds reign supreme.
Whose land is this land?
Although born from this land
Refuge stamped on my soul,
In Rome do I need to do as the Romans?
I need to unfold these folds,
Not from fear or lack of courage
Or lack of conviction or innocence,
Or precious morality or lack of love
Like vesture in the dark
Where light temporarily is put away.
Whose green forest lies ahead?
Whose flowing rivers roll like giant footsteps?
Whose fields yield most harvest?
Whose deserts ignite the deepest solitude?
Whose oasis is dotted with most palms?
Whose lungs freely expand all chests?
Whose heads with eyes the word yes?
Whose reflection the mirrors shine?
Whose guide steadies the footsteps?
Whose bridge connects the sides?
Eternal circle of life
No beginning no end no fused breaks
When I die, I free my soul.
When I wither, I heal.
I am one beam for the next light.
In turn the new light intern will
Beam the next light.
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Healing by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I had a dream we were back together again, ernestine howqard
- Kisses, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Heather Burns, Abdullah alHemaidy
- IT IS OUR TRADITION, john chizoba vincent
- Pink Pyjama Party?, Stephen Katona
- SIMPLY SELFLESS, PRINCESS LISA APARAMA
- don't make me turn these stars around, Mandolyn Davidson
- Dumb Them Down Stupid People I Can't Think, Is It Poetry
- one hundred and shut up degrees, Mandolyn Davidson
- Magnifico, Gaylord Munemo