Health Is Your Wealth
Broken bones, tormented souls,
and everything in between.
Bound to bed, or head filled with dread,
One as bad as the other.
Besotted with hate, or riddled with aches
The black dog has many forms.
Among us many beings, sometimes blind
unto our seeing, the banes we come victim to.
Anxiously calling for the decks reshuffle,
praying for god to deal again.
Out of the dark and into the light,
a vision that might never be.
While we live near par, unsure of who we are,
there is only one expression that fits the picture.
Your health is your wealth and nothing else,
truer words can never be spoken.
Alan Browne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Health Is Your Wealth by Alan Browne )
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
- Elisabeth, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before shutting the lid of the coffin….., Ponniah Ganeshan
- Love is …., SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)