Health Is Your Wealth
Broken bones, tormented souls,
and everything in between.
Bound to bed, or head filled with dread,
One as bad as the other.
Besotted with hate, or riddled with aches
The black dog has many forms.
Among us many beings, sometimes blind
unto our seeing, the banes we come victim to.
Anxiously calling for the decks reshuffle,
praying for god to deal again.
Out of the dark and into the light,
a vision that might never be.
While we live near par, unsure of who we are,
there is only one expression that fits the picture.
Your health is your wealth and nothing else,
truer words can never be spoken.
Alan Browne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Health Is Your Wealth by Alan Browne )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Foolish People Sayings, Terence G. Craddock
- Today's Journey, Cathy Hodgson
- Death Wishes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Prayer For Peace, Savita Tyagi
- Unknown Qualities, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flashback of a Comrade, Barisan Chatterjee
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -73, Ronjoy Brahma
- Do No Wrong, Terence G. Craddock
- Is poet, gajanan mishra
- It just is (Spoken word poem), Fiona McCullough