Heather Wilson Sends Her Best Wishes
I'm sure all those of you who were followers of our lovely Heather are wondering what became of her as she has not been active on PH for some time now. I am in occasional contact with her via personal email, and have been in touch recently. Heather has asked me to pass on her best wishes to everyone. Heather herself is fine, but as you know is a carer for her disabled husband. Her husband's care needs have increased, therefore she has little time to write poems or be active on this site. She has mentioned that she has received a number of emails which she has been unable to answer, she simply does not have the time now.
I hope this little update will put your minds at rest if you have been worrying about her absence from the site. I thought this was the best way to let everyone know how she is doing and why she has not been posting or communicating.
I am sure you will join me in wishing Heather (and her husband) all the very best, and we hope that she will be able to return to PH at some time in the future. At present, she is unable to say whether she will or will not.
Three cheers for Heather...........
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heather Wilson Sends Her Best Wishes by Valerie Dohren )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet II: My Heart Was Slain, Michael Drayton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ozymandias, Percy Bysshe Shelley
Poem of the Day
- the pleasure of old age, oskar hansen
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'One Art', Merton Lee
- Iron Road poem, As Fates Convolve, Sambanath Denis
- BEYOND DEATH, Michael P. Johnson
- Limerick-74, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Paul Butters Clerihew One, Paul Butters
- Ricordare, Colm Keenan
- The By The Way Song, Joseph Archer
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman