Heavenly Father, hear my prayer
I am so sorry, for not listening;
For not, seeking your word.
For asking for your help,
And not hearing a word.
Or perhaps, ignoring,
What I did not want to hear,
But I thank you dear Lord,
For saving me, from me.
What I wanted was not good enough,
Compared to your plan.
No, not good enough, he was not the man.
I wanted his comfort, his embrace,
I wanted his love, his smiling face.
But I know you have a plan,
there is a man for me,
hand picked by you,
if I am willing to see.
So, with that said, I thank you Lord God.
Sometimes the unanswered,
are the best answered prayers.
Kimberly Lindsey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Heavenly Father, hear my prayer by Kimberly Lindsey )
- Desire, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You, Melika Gillard
- Firaq yar ko dagha..., Azhar Sabri
- Save Mother!, tolu ogundare
- சின்னச் சின்ன பையா வா!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Infinite journey., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Feelings Unfelt, RUBAB ATWAL
- Dear person, hasmukh amathalal
- Only If People Understood Me, Mirai Scarlett
- Prajnaanam Brahma, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(1552 - 13 January 1599)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)