Her eyes brighten my soul.
They give me direction in each new day.
The Hope that was dwindling away
Is restored when I look in Her eyes.
Her eyes show me how Love flows.
They fill me with passion and drive.
When I get weary and ready to faint
My strength is renewed when I look in Her eyes.
Her eyes have a calming truth.
That soothes an angry spirit or broken heart.
When my head is drunk with alcohol, anger or malice,
I am soothed into a sober mind when I look into Her eyes.
Her eyes hold the Truth, the Way and the Life.
That will take you over hill and through valley.
When my times get rough and unbearable,
I know that with faith I can make it when I look into Her eyes.
Her eyes I love and will love.
That specialness I feel in this relationship is His.
When I am alone and feeling low
I know she loves me when I look into Her eyes.
Octavius Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Eyes by Octavius Johnson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Between War And Freedom, Edward Kofi Louis
- For the first time, Joni Lenhart
- Slowly-so-Slowly,, Aftab Alam
- Her Spirit Sings for Him, Maia Padua
- I Am Cast To The Sky, Richard Provencher
- Sweet Victory, Edward Kofi Louis
- Gorgon With Hair Threatening, Margaret Alice Second
- Sober Song, Barton Sutter
- I Love Your Crazy Bones, Barton Sutter
- The Washing Machine, Abhinit Chute (abz)