Her eyes brighten my soul.
They give me direction in each new day.
The Hope that was dwindling away
Is restored when I look in Her eyes.
Her eyes show me how Love flows.
They fill me with passion and drive.
When I get weary and ready to faint
My strength is renewed when I look in Her eyes.
Her eyes have a calming truth.
That soothes an angry spirit or broken heart.
When my head is drunk with alcohol, anger or malice,
I am soothed into a sober mind when I look into Her eyes.
Her eyes hold the Truth, the Way and the Life.
That will take you over hill and through valley.
When my times get rough and unbearable,
I know that with faith I can make it when I look into Her eyes.
Her eyes I love and will love.
That specialness I feel in this relationship is His.
When I am alone and feeling low
I know she loves me when I look into Her eyes.
Octavius Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Eyes by Octavius Johnson )
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
- People of the Fourth World, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)