Her eyes brighten my soul.
They give me direction in each new day.
The Hope that was dwindling away
Is restored when I look in Her eyes.
Her eyes show me how Love flows.
They fill me with passion and drive.
When I get weary and ready to faint
My strength is renewed when I look in Her eyes.
Her eyes have a calming truth.
That soothes an angry spirit or broken heart.
When my head is drunk with alcohol, anger or malice,
I am soothed into a sober mind when I look into Her eyes.
Her eyes hold the Truth, the Way and the Life.
That will take you over hill and through valley.
When my times get rough and unbearable,
I know that with faith I can make it when I look into Her eyes.
Her eyes I love and will love.
That specialness I feel in this relationship is His.
When I am alone and feeling low
I know she loves me when I look into Her eyes.
Octavius Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Her Eyes by Octavius Johnson )
- War And Not To Love, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ISRO's MOM in Mars - Congrats to Indian .., Dr John Celes
- Free on the Breeze, Thomas Plotz
- Gather strength, hasmukh amathalal
- INDIA! INDIA!, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Morning, Sara Hopkins
- My India (Hindi) भारत अपना, S.D. TIWARI
- from 'The Double' VIII, Morgan Michaels
- MY DOLL, Ritusmera Mundakkal
- Hope and promises, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)