My Thoughts Are Not High Enough
Gotta get going I'm gonna be late, What's my agenda today?
I'm thinking I gotta pay this and I gotta go there.
My thoughts aren't ordered because I know I gotta do that
And My thoughts are over here.
Oh yeah, Thank You Jesus but I can't get to that today.
I'm not even thinking about that but what are you doing over
There when my last thought was that you are brining it over here.
I know, I know yeah trust Jesus but....it ain't time
My thoughts are lining up now let me take a minute here and say Lord order my steps in this day.
Oh Yeah! I got that done by the Grace of God's hand
directing my thinking for that purpose.
Lord as I wake by your gentle touch this morning here in the shelter you provide.
I ask you please guide my every thought and
Bless me to keep you first in whatever I am
Octavius Johnson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Thoughts Are Not High Enough by Octavius Johnson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Portreti im., skender iljaz braka
- Mopping Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A walk to end, Somanathan Iyer
- Picture Of Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Flower, Somanathan Iyer
- Drop the Drop, Minnoor srinivasan
- Despair, Luca Menin
- Overnight Lounge, Wisdom Clay
- I Walked by the Beach, jael mboga
- What should not be done as the limit of .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan