Okonkwo Osamedua. Allen
'Her Love Divine'
She gave me the key to her heart!
And led me to her most treasured part.
She held my pulses and said 'be still'
Her charm healed my common ill
She touched my cold soul to life
Whose love dared my mortal strife
And at night she whispered these words to me
'Let me be wherever you may be
I will hold you close to keep you warm
In all your dreams, i will bless you unharm
And though you sleep that sleep of death
I will be your prayers, i will be your breath
Yet if the new day must thee forget
Your sun in my heart shall never set'!
Okonkwo Osamedua. Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Her Love Divine' by Okonkwo Osamedua. Allen )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)