Here I, hear Sigh of Pandavas
Kunti and her children waded through the jungle
As hundred Kauravas, Dussala delighted in luxury
Still, I hear the sigh of Pandavas helplessly wriggle,
Giggle of Gandhari ‘s sons moving in hurry and fury.
Lord Krishna sleeps; Arjuna and Duriyodhana beside
Wait, impatient and bite nails; each other frowning.
Sharp spears of words and poisoned, corrupted arrows
Boom and boomerang, network sites outside shaking.
Ambush from the bush gushes Keechaka ‘s groan near
From the sweet faces sweep sweat and tears, my sisters
Locked in closets of Indra’s mansion, fair, bare in fear
Here, I hear the curse of Sathi and Amba: protesters.
One year more for Kurukshetra; battle of voters’ lot!
Wise Vices and disguised Virtues seeking fortune glide
From A/C rooms, cars or planes with harsh or plain note
Scratching head; moving along, taking bundles of note.
Sell or be in cells; fake encounters open, Lord’s lids in gloom
Exploded exploitation explicitly will examine and count
The invested Capital returned as votes, and in action spent;
The less? the more the struggle; groups will loom our doom.
Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Here I, hear Sigh of Pandavas by Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1923 - 1998)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- two line, Razaur Rahman
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The Greatest, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Rhyme, Akhil Arya
- The Best Days, Michael P. McParland
- The Arrival, Michael P. McParland
- Thank You So Very Much, Michael P. McParland
- This Life, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thank You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Tenderly Ask, Michael P. McParland
- Taking It All In, Michael P. McParland
- VAMPIRES, ZOMBIES, AND METH, Chaarzarul Rockett