Here We Come
For reasons known
The primal anger rise,
For the spells on ethnics,
It must boil.
Moving through time
Despite The Imperial Resistance
These eyes blaze
Burning out oppression
We resist unto death.
Here we come
With swords, defying Babylon
With feet above the earth;
We pierce the Silver Lining...
Here we come!
THE KING is on our side
So step back
We are coming through.
How pleasurable it is
To see Babylon burn,
The oppressors spurned;
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Here We Come by Buxton Shippy )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1914 - 1955)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Christ: The Light Of The World, Denis Martindale
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Star, The Wish, The Coming..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Christmas Star, Mr. Spock
- From Drunk Pete Diary, Adeosun Olamide
- folding my hands, Mandolyn ...
- we never try to smile, Prophmatt . . .
- Compunction, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Strange Random Thoughts For A Fireside C.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Behind Lashes, naida supnet
- Timeless Era Of Thought, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Those Ignorant Steps, Lawrence S. Pertillar