How long are you gonna wait to say it,
After I hit the town?
How long are you gonna wait to show it,
When all I have left, is a frown?
Go ahead, sing all you want;
It's the only joy left,
Of this union;
I will not bend,
I will not beg,
I will not rant,
Forging a path to reconciliation.
But let the embers burn,
Below the smoldering heat;
Then, what you feel, I shall not spurn,
To win the heart That I seek.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Long? by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Morning and morning, gajanan mishra
- You Will Wake Up In The Garden, Ismim Putera
- Prime Truth - 18, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 17, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fear and Fright, Ismim Putera
- A Thousand Faces, Cheyenne Doss
- "...from neck to nuts", Jeff Gangwer
- They Have Been Sleeping in the War Zone, Ismim Putera
- Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- On mission, hasmukh amathalal