How long are you gonna wait to say it,
After I hit the town?
How long are you gonna wait to show it,
When all I have left, is a frown?
Go ahead, sing all you want;
It's the only joy left,
Of this union;
I will not bend,
I will not beg,
I will not rant,
Forging a path to reconciliation.
But let the embers burn,
Below the smoldering heat;
Then, what you feel, I shall not spurn,
To win the heart That I seek.
Buxton Shippy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Long? by Buxton Shippy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Let poetry excel, hasmukh amathalal
- Mama's Black Breast, Ozioma Anieto
- Big bee, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Heroe, Portia Lane
- She, Anil Karki
- We, the great family, Anil Karki
- My Problem With Words, Valsa George
- Purchased Palsy, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty