Charlie F. Kane
He died four years before I was born.
I never knew nor met the man,
But still he is my hero.
He will never know of his influence on me,
But I will make people know of his influence.
To say I would be nothing without him is a lie.
It is closer to say that I would not be
The same person I am without him.
He is 22 years gone, but he is still a hero to me.
Charlie F. Kane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hero by Charlie F. Kane )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II