childhood: unknown excitation -
the world primordial-new,
mysterious place where
dreams are dreams and reality
of the unexpected
ingrained pathways bleach
the world into
a sterile representation
of the dreams childhood grew.
on occasion: a thought,
moment or event,
triggers a resurgence of
this hidden 'unknown' and then -
it is gone
and a staid world remains.
how to break habitual chains?
how to regress to innocent state?
if we could,
or is it
Christopher Withers's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (hidden unknown by Christopher Withers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Canticle of Hope, Robert Charles Howard
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro