vision stunted by past deeds
leading to my current place,
childhood face: disconnected,
now adrift on stagnant lake.
cynicism scrawls the map
leading to my resting place,
a symptom of a drying mind,
what once was fluid, now is blind.
each denial of childhood dream
fractures now my world it seems.
mothers tears dried in her grave,
childhood view: never saved.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (never saved by Christopher Withers )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- ode to ayodeji, ademola oluwabusayo
- Changes change what?, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- You are an angel, salma. torrez
- Stillness, SALINI NAIR
- Cleared Of Negativity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Silence breaker, SALINI NAIR
- I Died in My Dream Last Night, Monk E. Biz
- Jelousy, Karen Thornburg
- Knowledge with Wisdom, Joseph Narusiewicz
- voice of thee, binod bastola