She looks out of the window
riot of colors in the air
Masses of drenched bodies swaying to the pagan beats
Shiva's prasad breaking the inhibitions that had been held fast.
A longing in her heart
To feel the touch of a lover's hand.
Smearing her face with red gulal
a color of passion and love.
The virginal dupatta marked
Hues of a rainbow that spans the sky.
Sheer cotton shirt wet to the skin
Warmed with the heat of her lover's gaze
To dance like a dervish
Round and round
Falling in the arms of the lover that she longs to find.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Holi by Reena Puri )
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry