HOLY JOB ... FEB 18TH,2013
HOLY JOB … Feb 18th,2013
What kind of guy is attracted to a job where he can't have a wife?
Can't have kids or a family for the rest of his long life?
Can't have a home of his own and must dress in a dress that's black,
After ten years in university with no girls and can't talk back.
But has to listen to girl confessions about sexual sins,
There's something about this priestly holy job that a guy can win,
And that's not all; he wears colorful feminine garments to the floor,
Can't try Martin Luther stuff from a German Cathedral door.
So here's my advice to our forthcoming brand new pope in Rome,
Compel all priests to marry a wife and live in their own home,
And when or if the priest dies, his widow and kids are cared for by the church,
Her home is her own and she doesn't have to go out and search.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HOLY JOB ... FEB 18TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -68, Ronjoy Brahma
- On this rainy day, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I need you, Kelly Curiel
- On Reading Poet Onkar Nath Gupta's Spill.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Around us the whispering rain falls, Gert Strydom
- i m so sad, lovey ahuja
- In the garden , Gert Strydom
- In the garden, Gert Strydom
- Please Forgive Them For What They Do, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perceptions, Jaipal Singh