Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Hope And Faith
Beautiful chicken cackling around,
Sunbathing with their caring mother,
Singing sonorously in hope of the future to come,
If the claws of the eagles could be outrun.
Blind eaglets listening intently,
Pecking for their swift mother,
Believing in faith of the dinner to come,
For the chicken liver is such a wonderful dish.
The chicken are hopeful with hope,
So they run and run and run to live.
The eaglets believe in faith,
So, they eat and eat and eat to live.
Hope and faith in life abound,
The Moses rod of small and great men.
The two ends of poverty and richness.
Words so close, yet so contradicting.
Hope is meant for people not living in grace,
In it abounds that doubtful word 'might'.
Faith is for people already living in grace,
In it lives that certain word 'must'.
Those who hope keep hoping till eternity,
Those with faith remove mountains with a command.
But then my grandfather used to tell me:
'Always believe and have faith in yourself and hope for a glorious future'.
Perhaps papa was right,
Perhaps papa was wrong,
But his grandson choose faith,
And leave hope be for the hopefuls.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope And Faith by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The Greatest, Michael P. McParland
- Christmas Rhyme, Akhil Arya
- The Best Days, Michael P. McParland
- The Arrival, Michael P. McParland
- Thank You So Very Much, Michael P. McParland
- This Life, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Thank You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Tenderly Ask, Michael P. McParland
- Taking It All In, Michael P. McParland
- VAMPIRES, ZOMBIES, AND METH, Chaarzarul Rockett