Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer
Hope And Faith
Beautiful chicken cackling around,
Sunbathing with their caring mother,
Singing sonorously in hope of the future to come,
If the claws of the eagles could be outrun.
Blind eaglets listening intently,
Pecking for their swift mother,
Believing in faith of the dinner to come,
For the chicken liver is such a wonderful dish.
The chicken are hopeful with hope,
So they run and run and run to live.
The eaglets believe in faith,
So, they eat and eat and eat to live.
Hope and faith in life abound,
The Moses rod of small and great men.
The two ends of poverty and richness.
Words so close, yet so contradicting.
Hope is meant for people not living in grace,
In it abounds that doubtful word 'might'.
Faith is for people already living in grace,
In it lives that certain word 'must'.
Those who hope keep hoping till eternity,
Those with faith remove mountains with a command.
But then my grandfather used to tell me:
'Always believe and have faith in yourself and hope for a glorious future'.
Perhaps papa was right,
Perhaps papa was wrong,
But his grandson choose faith,
And leave hope be for the hopefuls.
Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope And Faith by Babatunde Idowu Ebenezer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94
- no one has ever done good without....., RIC S. BASTASA
- the night deepens, RIC S. BASTASA
- to begin with....., RIC S. BASTASA
- who is someone in your mind?, RIC S. BASTASA
- try sipping this, RIC S. BASTASA
- the reason why i am still a part of you, RIC S. BASTASA