Aditya Raj Verma
Hope And Faith
Born of the same mother,
Hope and faith were brother,
But destiny threw them apart,
God gave both a different part.
Hope grown of pain and sadness,
Faith nurtured in arms of holiness,
Hope relieved low, dejected heart,
Faith ignited belief in souls to art.
Stirring lives was only their task,
Hope did, but wearing a lazy mask,
Faith never reduced pain just guide,
Hope eliminated pain by fantasy ride.
Slowly faith was out of fashion,
Hope taught us 'the idle lesson',
Do nothing and hope for good,
Became the new attire and hood.
If we stuck on the boat in hurricane,
Hope we will survive with no pain,
Faith always help who shows valour,
Boat crosses storm with not the hoping crew,
but a faithful sailor.
Hoping works if we work,
Faith works when we work,
And if hope is now in fashion,
Then 'hope Faith works' is my lesson.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope And Faith by Aditya Raj Verma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer
- Concerns of a happy man, Chisomo Chris Nasiyaya
- Two Debates, Naveed Akram
- For Aaron Sheon, Judith Vollmer
- The Stepford Family, Ima Ryma
- Winter Sun..., Craig Matthew Hannan
- AUGUST آب - اغسطس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Being, Craig Matthew Hannan
- Wit, Craig Matthew Hannan
- One Petrified Sunday, Sidney Wade