From days I cannot count,
To years of growing grey.
When all my companions rout,
In this darkness I must stay.
To what end am I living
And drink life’s bitter tonic,
In this world so unforgiving?
In silence, cacophonic.
To see the world in black
and white, to find my love.
I have carried this heavy pack,
And thunder mocks me from above.
And in so living, I do avow
That I did not choose my pain
But search, here and now,
To escape from my darkening bane.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope Unfound by William Tell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- সময়(Time), Avik Datta Gupta
- Lieu Time, Francie Lynch
- When The Heart Bleeds, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Many Crooked Cops are Shooting and Killing, Hebert Logerie
- My First Love, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- To Record What Is Kept, Naveed Akram
- Rumour, Humphrey Bryant
- BLACK SHEEP, Bironga Chadwick
- Tomorrow, Humphrey Bryant
- Blackberry And Apple, Humphrey Bryant