Oh, what times we know
When we long that sweet release from pain.
For cooling flakes of snow- -
And the calming showers of rain
Worthless person am I,
Worthy only to suffer and die.
The days are rough and long,
and they- wrath and spite prolong.
I hope in what is right
Although my sins follow in tow.
I look to see the end in sight
But time is a bitter foe!
I squint my eyes from blinding light!
My breathing quickens in hope-
Trapped no longer in blackest night
I, with darkness need not cope.
Behold my Abba Father stands.
In his firm grip I'm held,
By his gentle, loving hands.
My soul, to proper shape, He'll meld.
The long days are gone away.
And I in heaven do say,
ney, not say, but with joy do sing- -
“Praises to my Savior I shall always bring! ”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Suddenly by William Tell )
- Inconstancy in love, Robert Burns
- On Elphinstone's Translation of Martial'.., Robert Burns
- Indigenous architecture., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Jos Master, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Open the door to me, oh, Robert Burns
- Ballad on Mr. Heron's Election—No. 4, Robert Burns
- Poem on Sensibility, Robert Burns
- Epigram—The True Loyal Natives, Robert Burns
- Epitaph on John Dove, Innkeeper, Robert Burns
- The Nameless Mood of a Home-Maker, Ananta Madhavan
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)