James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
HOW DO WE GET IT RIGHT MAR 25TH,2011
HOW DO WE GET IT RIGHT? Mar 25th,2011
We don’t have referendums, plebiscites or mid term elections,
No propositions or proportional representation selections,
I think its time that maybe someone somewhere should complain,
Maybe set-date elections would help with this awful pain.
We have no death penalty so therefore we don’t need a death row,
Can’t get on the UN Security Council in case you don’t know,
Convicted of killing ten people but may apply for parole,
Is this an indication that we might have lost control?
We have no death penalty but many at the UN do,
We’re bound to be politically correct and can’t misconstrue,
You might wonder, who’s running this outfit, and for sure it aint you,
We need proportional representation and a new review.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20th,2014 by James Bredin )
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley