HOW HELPLESS ARE WE? ... NOV 12TH,2013
HOW HELPLESS ARE WE? …NOV 12TH,2013
Canadians have the assumption that we got it right,
Tax-and-spend politicians can’t be questioned because we’re polite,
Less than half of us bother to vote and no one seems to care,
And the other half seems barely aware and nothing will change in this affair.
And without real set-date elections, the future is not well known,
Where proportional representation might be discussed with a groan,
Where governor general and Supreme Court judges are hand picked,
And senators too; secretly appointed though there could be a conflict.
Why are we so reluctant to vote or to change things around?
Denied death with dignity or the Supreme Court could clamp down,
Where do we get the leadership that will change the constitution?
With all these ongoing scandals, we need some evolution.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HOW HELPLESS ARE WE? ... NOV 12TH,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- That Old, Sweet Poison, C.k. Pearse
- Curriculum Vitae, C.k. Pearse
- O The Knowledge, sallam yassin
- The Day Silver Walked Into My Life, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- Time To Come Home, Wilfred Mellers
- I Am Always With You, Amitava Sur
- I Dream Of You, Lilly Emery
- In Springtime Under The Trees, Kyle Schlicher
- Change Coming, Kyle Schlicher
- One Because Of The Other, Kyle Schlicher