Lawrence S. Pertillar
How To Do Things 'Their' Way
Those who age want to stay in place.
Fearing to let go...
To allow the younger people,
A quicker advance and a move forward...
With their prospectives on life.
That brings enlightenment,
To those still holding onto...
Standards and values,
That are speeding with changes...
To broaden insights.
Those who age think they can stay,
With a showing of those younger...
How to do things 'their' way.
Until those aging find themselves convalescing,
In retirement homes where they sit wishing...
For another chance to live a life,
Being as rebellious as possible.
Instead of attempting pretensions,
To appease to old fashion values...
That cause conflicts and ignorant fights.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How To Do Things 'Their' Way by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Poem of the Day
- Sonnet 5: I love thee;, Juwon Daniel
- To Dance in Freedom through Joy, Rohit Sapra
- I FELL BUT STILL ROSE, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- i'm on duty!, Alvin Word Speaker Tatlhego
- Battle Of Hard Knocks, Lyn Paul
- Expectancy ..(A Senryu w/ Haiku Syllabic.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Almost A Decade, Rimni chakravarty
- A Visit To Your Home Amongst A Field of .., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Cavern by the Sea, Martha Lavinia Hoffman
- Of The Second Presage..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR