HOW YOU DEAL
How you deal with yourself is the key
you have to be loving
to yourself in this planetary dream.
Spells of bad words shouted out to you
when you were a child making you blue.
Now cold to the feelings not expressed
you have them buried in you close to your vest.
You have to now make sense of this
You have to be able to express-
Express your emotions that were buried inside
they never go away they just hide.
Hide like a monster under your bed
they come back to haunt you inside your head.
Then making you do unconscious stuff you do dread.
We need more ways to express emotions to get it all out
through feeling the pain and even if you have to shout.
The emotion is now moving outside of you
making you whole again and more true.
So just think of all the inmates who did drugs
they were first hiding the pain before they became thugs.
Written by SC Chevalier on Easter March 31,2013
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (HOW YOU DEAL by SQC Chevalier )
- Finnish, Leslie Philibert
- Life shall turn, hasmukh amathalal
- Introverted Victims, Aisling Chia
- No Sheep to Count, Aisling Chia
- Sunset, Kwai Chee Low
- The Immigrants, Romella Kitchens
- Dream of Music, Kwai Chee Low
- An Ode to Coffee, Kwai Chee Low
- ! Forum Personas (PH Forum Commentary), Alice Vedral Rivera
- Songs and Music, Kwai Chee Low
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)