You are not an evil person
But you hurt me a lot unconsciously
You are not someone who could kill with your bare hand
But your words keep breaking my soul
I try to find the light
So I could stand much longer
I try to remember the laugh
So I could hold back the tears
But I'm also just human
I'm not some kind of superhero
Can you feel the darkness that creeping in my heart?
Or are you just too ignorant
For some kind of human
You keep demanding some more
But what can you offer?
Because I'm the one you could use
Should I'm the one who sacrifice my freedom for your own?
I try to swallow the blame
But it choked in my throat
I try to gain the strength
But all smiles will be faking
And I'm just human
The one who could love but also could hate fiercely without any reason
Have you ever heard my crying fear?
Do you ever reach me to the deepest core?
Or are you just too blind
Like some kind of human
So in the end
What will you do to make me stay?
A command from your authority mind
Or a pitiful plea to my ears
So in the end
Who will gonna be win?
A raging desperate man
Or a wounded pride man
maria sudibyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Human by maria sudibyo )
- Within My Mind Holds Dreams, Lilly Emery
- citizen, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
- He Keeps The Stencils Of The Living Day, mary douglas
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)