I care about you. I care for you.
I look at this world with clear vision.
I am clearly speaking my mind but you still don't listen.
The words I try to speak and what I feel.
Humanity. It's my main priority. It's what livens me.
So you see, these words I'm speaking aren't for me.
They're for everyone out there struggling and in all the pain,
All the things that make your mind go insane. Humanity.
It's my main priority. It comforts me. Why?
‘Cause I'm not shy and don't have to lie,
When it comes to caring, sharing these feelings that I feel
And writing stuff that's real, stuff that'll hopefully heal, humanity.
Yeah it's my main priority.
Everyday I don't wake up and wonder what's in store for me
But what's in store for the world and if it's going to spin and whirl
Orbit in pain, orbit in shame. For some people ever days the same
This life is not a game and I don't care who has fame but who's the blame
For the cruelty or you and me being treated like trash
You see, this is not about me but humanity.
celia hinojosa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Humanity by celia hinojosa )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Key to My Heart, Whitney Brown
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Merry Christmas Dad, David Boyce
Poem of the Day
- Until Next Time, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Unity and strength., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- That shall keep, hasmukh amathalal
- Change the scene, hasmukh amathalal
- To Whom It May Concern, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Unsuitable, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- People of Pernambuco 2, Kim Barney
- Strange Foods: Oatmeal Omelet, Kim Barney
- Not a Real Poem 2, Kim Barney
- A Christmas with Simplicity, Akhtar Jawad