I Am A Delicate Flower
I am a precious, delicate flower,
Breathed into existence by my Father.
Gently cherished, held in His hand,
And nurtured until I became His daughter.
He breathed softly into my heart,
The Holiest of Spirits.
I rejoiced at His touch
At the caress of His sweet breath.
Like a rose I opened up to His pure love,
And total acceptance.
In his love, I found safety,
Comfort and protection.
I can safely be a fragile, delicate flower,
Whose beauty nothing can threaten.
I can sway in the wind, drink in the rain,
And reflect the sun.
None of these can ever change what
I have become.
The beautiful delicate flower that dwells forever,
In the heart of my Father.
connie crane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Delicate Flower by connie crane )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Lament (O how all things are far removed), Rainer Maria Rilke
Poem of the Day
- Ode to Now, David Whalen
- The Girl and her Dragon, Kevin Maroney
- What is Life, Andrea Cortesi
- UFC 183: Watch Anderson Silva vs Nick Di.., Renz Barns
- The Dark Side, Sandra Feldman
- Chasing Constellations, Russell Nero
- Aroma, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- Illusion, Noah Body
- Leprae, Brave Hearts
- In the Green are Emotions, Rohit Sapra