I Am A Delicate Flower
I am a precious, delicate flower,
Breathed into existence by my Father.
Gently cherished, held in His hand,
And nurtured until I became His daughter.
He breathed softly into my heart,
The Holiest of Spirits.
I rejoiced at His touch
At the caress of His sweet breath.
Like a rose I opened up to His pure love,
And total acceptance.
In his love, I found safety,
Comfort and protection.
I can safely be a fragile, delicate flower,
Whose beauty nothing can threaten.
I can sway in the wind, drink in the rain,
And reflect the sun.
None of these can ever change what
I have become.
The beautiful delicate flower that dwells forever,
In the heart of my Father.
connie crane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Delicate Flower by connie crane )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Tu & Io - You & I, Fabrizio Frosini
- You & I, Fabrizio Frosini
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak