I Am A Delicate Flower
I am a precious, delicate flower,
Breathed into existence by my Father.
Gently cherished, held in His hand,
And nurtured until I became His daughter.
He breathed softly into my heart,
The Holiest of Spirits.
I rejoiced at His touch
At the caress of His sweet breath.
Like a rose I opened up to His pure love,
And total acceptance.
In his love, I found safety,
Comfort and protection.
I can safely be a fragile, delicate flower,
Whose beauty nothing can threaten.
I can sway in the wind, drink in the rain,
And reflect the sun.
None of these can ever change what
I have become.
The beautiful delicate flower that dwells forever,
In the heart of my Father.
connie crane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Delicate Flower by connie crane )
- America, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Darkened Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Contemplation-6, another key...., Marshall Gass
- We Speak English., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Discotheque, Marshall Gass
- Come, Come....., Marshall Gass
- From In the mind, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Gramma's house., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Rubber-Band, Marshall Gass
- Stepping Into Your Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)