I Am Africa
I am a son to my Father, I am born to my Africa, I am the Future!
I am my own Father, I am on my own an African in my Africa, I am my own Future!
I am to my son a Father, I am a People to my Africa, I am present in my Future!
I am now a man just like my Father, I am Africa, I am making history in my Future!
The father bears the son, the son is father to his own inner man, the man is father to a son.
The son is bonded to the father and father's father.
The son and father and father's father are the people,
the people are one.
One is united, united is Africa.
Africa is the man, the man is Africa!
I am Africa!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Africa by Makabongwe Nkambule )
- Being a human, gajanan mishra
- Mosquitoes, Rahul Babu
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #07, Ronjoy Brahma
- The pretty back to school الرجوع الجميل .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- New Year, Patricia Spears Jones
- The Theme Is Flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)