I Am Africa
I am a son to my Father, I am born to my Africa, I am the Future!
I am my own Father, I am on my own an African in my Africa, I am my own Future!
I am to my son a Father, I am a People to my Africa, I am present in my Future!
I am now a man just like my Father, I am Africa, I am making history in my Future!
The father bears the son, the son is father to his own inner man, the man is father to a son.
The son is bonded to the father and father's father.
The son and father and father's father are the people,
the people are one.
One is united, united is Africa.
Africa is the man, the man is Africa!
I am Africa!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Africa by Makabongwe Nkambule )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Not a Poem at all, sEaN nOrTh
- to be empty all over again and move like.., RIC S. BASTASA
- and once again you decide to live., RIC S. BASTASA
- 'tonight at ten'., RIC S. BASTASA
- you must be lucky to have found it, RIC S. BASTASA
- love became l o v e became LOVE and now .., Mandolyn ...
- that self-confidence, RIC S. BASTASA
- do not have to fathom it like some kind .., RIC S. BASTASA
- amor patriae, RIC S. BASTASA
- zanny on top of her hill, RIC S. BASTASA