Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
I Am The Damsel You Are The Hero
It’s funny but I am the damsel an you are the hero
Though I am the hero an you are the damsel.
Like a monster with no weakness I rose my head proudly,
Till I saw your face an a heart of flesh I conceived.
Though I am a hero an you are the damsel, you saved me,
An I became thy helpless love in distress.
Like an addictive substance I craved you
But thy face like sunrise was scarce.
Suitor after suitor, sought thy hand
But only I sought thy heart.
Like a hero I fought off resistance that did pull you down to the depths of no return,
An I fought valiantly.
However your heart was not with me,
Though mine was with you.
You drew your sword like a hero,
But attacked me thy love an not your foe,
An I am slain in heartbreak.
Cant you see the darkness around you?
Though I am the hero an you are the damsel,
I am the damsel and you are the hero,
Defeated by yourself in murky pools of pride whose name is “hubris”.
An at lakes edge I wait patiently for you to return.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am The Damsel You Are The Hero by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Battle of our own life, binod bastola
- Before you've brushed your teeth, Mark Heathcote
- Arrival, Tony Adah
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk