Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
I Am The Damsel You Are The Hero
It’s funny but I am the damsel an you are the hero
Though I am the hero an you are the damsel.
Like a monster with no weakness I rose my head proudly,
Till I saw your face an a heart of flesh I conceived.
Though I am a hero an you are the damsel, you saved me,
An I became thy helpless love in distress.
Like an addictive substance I craved you
But thy face like sunrise was scarce.
Suitor after suitor, sought thy hand
But only I sought thy heart.
Like a hero I fought off resistance that did pull you down to the depths of no return,
An I fought valiantly.
However your heart was not with me,
Though mine was with you.
You drew your sword like a hero,
But attacked me thy love an not your foe,
An I am slain in heartbreak.
Cant you see the darkness around you?
Though I am the hero an you are the damsel,
I am the damsel and you are the hero,
Defeated by yourself in murky pools of pride whose name is “hubris”.
An at lakes edge I wait patiently for you to return.
Kingsley Olaleye Reuben's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am The Damsel You Are The Hero by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS, Eugene W. Miller
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- What about counry, hasmukh amathalal
- Heart on Fire, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- 'Tis a Somewhat Sad Christmas!, Dr John Celes
- Let me observe carefully, gajanan mishra
- Waiting, Jennifer Colyne Hall
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra