I Can Hear Her..
I can hear her laughing, as she stumbles in from the night
I can hear him touching her, eager to turn off the light
Lying awake, the silence is pain
My thoughts are torture, my mind's gone insane
I creep into the hallway
I stab the dagger through my own heart
I can hear her whisper, like a summer's breeze turned so cold
I can hear hope leaving me, this woman i longed to hold
Standing outside, I try not to cry
As i question myself, wondering why?
You were never going to be good enough
Throw yourself into the fire
I can hear her moaning, a sick sense of delight
I can hear him thrusting her, with all that strength and might
Broken inside, i shriek at the scream
Glass heart shattered by the death of the dream
What did you expect?
You reach too high.
Samuel Flockhart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Can Hear Her.. by Samuel Flockhart )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney
- Mister Chamberlain, Roy Blokker
- Brothers, Two..., Denis Martindale
- The One True God, Roy Blokker