I know it's wrong;
It's shameful for me to do -
But I cut.
When I'm sad,
and the only thing people tell me is 'Get over it'
When the words people do and don't say murder the life I live;
I cut when I have no other choice.
When I can't take the pain, but I'm too cowardice to end it all together.. I cut.
I cut because I still have hope that someday it will be better,
I cut as an alternative.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Cut by Sierra Staten )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)