Alon Calinao Dy
I Don't Know Why
I don't know why I'm madly in love with you.
I feel your love but break your heart.
I'm so happy but now feel bad.
Is it because I make you mad?
Sometimes, I don't know why love is ruthless.
Today we're both happy but the following days
We fight each other like we're worst enemies.
I don't know why but our love is always like this.
I don't know why I feel damn blue.
Is it because I make you upset?
Or, remind you of your past mistakes?
Why do I have to hurt you if my love is true?
My love, I don't know how to make things right
Or what I need to do to heal your broken heart.
One thing I'm sure is that I never give up
Until every beat of my heart stops.
I ask myself many times,
Are we really meant for each other?
I don't know why or how we find each other.
Perhaps, our love will last forever.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Don't Know Why by Alon Calinao Dy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- A Complaint, William Wordsworth
- Love's Substitute, Bernard O'Dowd
Poem of the Day
- As lovely chance, hasmukh amathalal
- Worldly pleasure, gajanan mishra
- Create sweetness, hasmukh amathalal
- No Means No, Gillu Rahul
- Self Pride, Katherine Perry
- Father, hafiz qasim
- who stole my thunder, Cee Bea
- The Poet in Crossroad, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Communists Turn Autocratic and Dictatorial, Bijay Kant Dubey
- what to say, Cee Bea