I Don't Understand!
Why does it work out for them and not me?
Is it not meant to be?
Am I to always be in the back seat?
How could I say that!
It's a clear fact
that I'm needed to keep their relationship intact
But why is it NEVER me?
Why does it sting?
The bell rings
As I gather my thoughts of being
The key to a happy life.
Will I find a wife?
Is too much to handle.
Can someone explain
Why someone as mundane
As me is ordained
With the power of love guiding?
I don't understand!
I help so many friends
Find their happy ends
But it never works for me...
But we shall see
Where this love quest ends.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Don't Understand! by Brandon Brown )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Prime Truth - 17, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Fear and Fright, Ismim Putera
- A Thousand Faces, Cheyenne Doss
- "...from neck to nuts", Jeff Gangwer
- They Have Been Sleeping in the War Zone, Ismim Putera
- Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- On mission, hasmukh amathalal
- WHITE DID HIS JOB, maqsood hasni
- BUT TWO MORE, maqsood hasni
- No selfish lien, hasmukh amathalal