Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Have Never Had That Need
If I was not an author with innovative thoughts,
On a mission to create my own compositions...
I 'suppose' I would be more motivated,
To solicit a need to read for inspiration.
With a doing like others to be approved.
I have never had that need nor can I perceive,
To follow behind those paving their own paths.
I did not awaken with a want to write.
I was born knowing what it was I should do.
To then listen to others who believed I could improve.
And do I listen to those who are critics?
Do I wish I could appease everyone,
With a doing to permit my consciousness to limits?
No! I write. I have no aspirations to be a politician. None!
'I believe your statements made are too assumptive.'
Cool. Now prove to me what I have stated is not true.
'I can't do that.
I don't know you personally.'
So it is you who 'assumes' what I do is not authentic.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Have Never Had That Need by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns