Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Have Never Had That Need
If I was not an author with innovative thoughts,
On a mission to create my own compositions...
I 'suppose' I would be more motivated,
To solicit a need to read for inspiration.
With a doing like others to be approved.
I have never had that need nor can I perceive,
To follow behind those paving their own paths.
I did not awaken with a want to write.
I was born knowing what it was I should do.
To then listen to others who believed I could improve.
And do I listen to those who are critics?
Do I wish I could appease everyone,
With a doing to permit my consciousness to limits?
No! I write. I have no aspirations to be a politician. None!
'I believe your statements made are too assumptive.'
Cool. Now prove to me what I have stated is not true.
'I can't do that.
I don't know you personally.'
So it is you who 'assumes' what I do is not authentic.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Have Never Had That Need by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon
- When I look at you, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Formalities Not Necessary, Margaret Moran
- two women, Nassy Fesharaki
- I have seen everywhere, gajanan mishra