I Knew That It Was Love
It was love at first sight,
the way you carried yourself,
And the way you spoke that swept me off my feet.
Sensitive to words is what you were.
A man with a huge ego
And fragile heart
Be careful of what you say as you know the power of your words.
For what you say makes me do the unexpected.
I never knew the definition of love until I met
You took me out of the shadows
And showed to me light,
where love was the only language spoken and understood.
I shall give to you what I expect,
For love is not about receiving
But willingly giving the best of you to the one that holds the key
To your heart………….
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Knew That It Was Love by Loveness Jamela )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland