I learned From Pappy
May Gods blessings be many
I hope you look down and find that lucky penny.
Hope you remember to say 'Thank You' to the cashier
and better yet get a reply that brings your day cheer.
Smile at a stranger just to say hi
maybe take that tear from someones eyes.
Hold the door open for the person behind you
just because it's the right thing to do.
Pump the gas for an elderly soul
let them rest while their confidence regrows.
Give up your seat on the bus to the old or infirm
now that's a lesson we all should learn.
'Hey man can you spare a quarter? '
No man but how about this here dollar.
Honey I am home I love and missed you too
instead of the usual silence not a where are you?
A small list of things to make God and you happy
little things I learned from my bible and my pappy.
Debbie Wagoner 7/21/09
debbie wagoner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I learned From Pappy by debbie wagoner )
- Ebola! One Last Time, Peter Kimani
- India, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Counter Revolution in Cuba, Deborah Eker
- Pure love, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)