I learned From Pappy
May Gods blessings be many
I hope you look down and find that lucky penny.
Hope you remember to say 'Thank You' to the cashier
and better yet get a reply that brings your day cheer.
Smile at a stranger just to say hi
maybe take that tear from someones eyes.
Hold the door open for the person behind you
just because it's the right thing to do.
Pump the gas for an elderly soul
let them rest while their confidence regrows.
Give up your seat on the bus to the old or infirm
now that's a lesson we all should learn.
'Hey man can you spare a quarter? '
No man but how about this here dollar.
Honey I am home I love and missed you too
instead of the usual silence not a where are you?
A small list of things to make God and you happy
little things I learned from my bible and my pappy.
Debbie Wagoner 7/21/09
debbie wagoner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I learned From Pappy by debbie wagoner )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
Poem of the Day
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- How Irritating, Margaret Alice Second
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen