I learned From Pappy
May Gods blessings be many
I hope you look down and find that lucky penny.
Hope you remember to say 'Thank You' to the cashier
and better yet get a reply that brings your day cheer.
Smile at a stranger just to say hi
maybe take that tear from someones eyes.
Hold the door open for the person behind you
just because it's the right thing to do.
Pump the gas for an elderly soul
let them rest while their confidence regrows.
Give up your seat on the bus to the old or infirm
now that's a lesson we all should learn.
'Hey man can you spare a quarter? '
No man but how about this here dollar.
Honey I am home I love and missed you too
instead of the usual silence not a where are you?
A small list of things to make God and you happy
little things I learned from my bible and my pappy.
Debbie Wagoner 7/21/09
debbie wagoner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I learned From Pappy by debbie wagoner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman
- Ha Mai Ladki Hu..........., sonali kumari
- emaandari ya bemaani ya dil ka khot hai, Kamar Alam
- HOW CAN ONE ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF DUTY, Upendra Singh
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh
- I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND, MOHAMMAD SKATI