I learned From Pappy
May Gods blessings be many
I hope you look down and find that lucky penny.
Hope you remember to say 'Thank You' to the cashier
and better yet get a reply that brings your day cheer.
Smile at a stranger just to say hi
maybe take that tear from someones eyes.
Hold the door open for the person behind you
just because it's the right thing to do.
Pump the gas for an elderly soul
let them rest while their confidence regrows.
Give up your seat on the bus to the old or infirm
now that's a lesson we all should learn.
'Hey man can you spare a quarter? '
No man but how about this here dollar.
Honey I am home I love and missed you too
instead of the usual silence not a where are you?
A small list of things to make God and you happy
little things I learned from my bible and my pappy.
Debbie Wagoner 7/21/09
debbie wagoner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I learned From Pappy by debbie wagoner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- His Smile You'll Recognize, Susan Lacovara
- Lead Feather, Joshua Riles
- For Just Tonight, Susan Lacovara
- My Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Mahua tree, gajanan mishra
- Why Are You So 'Nasty'?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Elegy For Whitney, michael walker
- This Poet's Playground, Susan Lacovara
- LIFE OF THE AFRICAN CHILDREN, Great Emeritus
- Joy, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..