I'll be missing you
Nobody knows why,
the reasons that you said goodbye,
the reason they sit and cry,
nobody knows why.
A family torn apart by confusion,
still thinking you were here,
engulfed by delusion.
A coward, selfish,
and still the list goes on,
but when your son was taken,
your soul was also gone.
You followed him to heaven,
your daughters left behind,
but religion took over,
your son you had to find.
An image in the mind,
of ever family member,
a rope, the pain,
each month through to December.
We knew you had to go,
but nobody knows why,
but now you join your son,
both glowing in the sky.
17 years on now,
you had a job to do,
you came to take my world from me
Now your father has now joined you.
Look after my grandad,
he sure looked after you,
hopefully one day you'll come,
and i can join you too.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I'll be missing you by Emma Wilson )
- Friendship is made by God, gajanan mishra
- Friend, JAMES T. ADAIR
- Isil: Our Planet needs Peace, Rachel Nichols
- You'll Never Know, Akhtar Jawad
- Resource less, hasmukh amathalal
- Teaching - A Satisfying Experience, Joseph T. Renaldi
- The Story of An Autumn Leaf, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- Love Unfetterred, Zulfiqar Ali Bhatti
- Time-wheel, gajanan mishra
- IMPROBABLE ME, Terry O'Leary
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Psalm of Life, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)