'' I'm Afraid There Is No Guarantee ''
With God’s rules you must always comply
Yet to gain entry to Heaven first you must die,
Only then will God hear your plea.
When against Satan you’ve been pitted,
It will depend on the sins you’ve committed,
Only God will decide if you’ve to be acquitted,
You could well be an absentee.
Problem is there’s no right of appeal,
Where you’re heading he’ll then reveal,
Hell I’ve heard can be an ordeal,
You will never again be free.
Purgatory is for those who require redemption,
Only God has the right of pre-emption,
You’ve got to go there is no exemption,
Your future only God can foresee.
I can only imagine he’s a politician,
Totally in charge of our life and deaths mission,
Never sinning is a precondition,
With his manifesto you must always agree.
If we’re made in his image does he commit sin?
Who forgives him does he have a twin,
To be like a human he must have a thick skin,
Just like the bark on a tree.
When and how you die there’s not much choice,
It’s God who’ll decide you don’t have a voice,
When it finally happens you’re expected to rejoice,
When did dying ever fill you with glee?
The criteria you’ve laid down just isn’t fair,
Allowing a test drive would show that you care,
Will we be filled with joy or a deep despair?
‘’ I’m Afraid There Is No Guarantee ‘’
bri mar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('' I'm Afraid There Is No Guarantee '' by bri mar )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- My Christmas Wishes, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- What a Concept is this Love, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Sri Ramakrishna (1836 - 1886), Tushar Ray
- Love Is, Kristen Brown
- Poetry in Motion, Shahrokh Sharifrazy
- Nothing I Fear, Kristen Brown
- Tantalizing, Kristen Brown
- Your Heart Be At Ease (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Rosewater (Rewrite), Kristen Brown
- Passion (Rewrite), Kristen Brown