I’m Hoisting Up My Beehive Hair
Hiding in despair
I haven’t got a care
Hiding in despair
I’m hoisting up my beehive hair...
I’m flailing bedraggled
I’m like a damsel fly
Flitting through the air
In the rain cause I don’t care.
When I’m hiding in despair
Without a care
Cause I can’t run the distance
I just stay away anywhere.
I’m like a flash of lightening
You think you’ve found me
You think you’ve saved me
But I’m a cinder really, dear.
And you’ll burn your fingers
Trying to pin me down
Trying to remove my frown
You’ll be my unhappy puppy dog clown.
I’ve been miserable
Since I was young,
Now I’m getting old
I want to live in isolation most times alone.
Cause I’m like damsel fly,
That’s lived for far too long,
Cause I’m like the lightening,
That never wants to stay.
It’s just my way…
I leave all my lovers on the hop that way.
Ever since I was young they say.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I’m Hoisting Up My Beehive Hair by Mark Heathcote )
(30 June 1911 – 14 August 2004)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking
- Hitler: A Life Immersed in Hypocrisy, Paul Hartal
- Creative Interests, RoseAnn V. Shawiak