I’m Hoisting Up My Beehive Hair
Hiding in despair
I haven’t got a care
Hiding in despair
I’m hoisting up my beehive hair...
I’m flailing bedraggled
I’m like a damsel fly
Flitting through the air
In the rain cause I don’t care.
When I’m hiding in despair
Without a care
Cause I can’t run the distance
I just stay away anywhere.
I’m like a flash of lightening
You think you’ve found me
You think you’ve saved me
But I’m a cinder really, dear.
And you’ll burn your fingers
Trying to pin me down
Trying to remove my frown
You’ll be my unhappy puppy dog clown.
I’ve been miserable
Since I was young,
Now I’m getting old
I want to live in isolation most times alone.
Cause I’m like damsel fly,
That’s lived for far too long,
Cause I’m like the lightening,
That never wants to stay.
It’s just my way…
I leave all my lovers on the hop that way.
Ever since I was young they say.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I’m Hoisting Up My Beehive Hair by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
- Gin Again, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Teardrops for flowers flow, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The witches teaparty, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The walking moon, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dear soldior hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Breakfast with a ghost hero, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Classroom, ania radz
- Breakfast with a ghost, Harold R Hunt Sr
- "...away without leave", Jeff Gangwer
- If, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)