Lawrence S. Pertillar
I Pity The Fool
There is nothing like witnessing,
What has come to pass.
Especially in the lives of those,
Who believed themselves with time to laugh.
As they expressed their judgements on others,
Experiencing criticsms and unknown heartaches...
Never to forget when these events took place.
And who participated.
And 'today' those others,
With judgements upon them passed in laughter...
Could 'if' they wished choose to be just as ignorant.
But what difference would this make to do,
In the presence of the ones with a doing to prove?
What would be the benefit of it with a doing done,
If their slower paces and saddened faces etched...
Are obvious enough from a distance to witness.
'I pity the fool.' Mister 'T' once said.
Those who had believed he was one too,
Were obviously not viewing life,
From his perspective.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Pity The Fool by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Leap in time, Nassy Fesharaki
- My Soul Is A Traceless Wound, mary douglas
- A Pink Chalk Moon Rising Behind A Blue H.., mary douglas
- GALE'S MEDAL, Terry Collett
- Listen To Me, I am Talking, Ali Faisal
- That There Should Be Flowers There, mary douglas
- Tetracty Dry Grass, Heather Burns
- On The Highway Of Life, Heather Burns
- Angel With Ferns In A Far Landscape, mary douglas
- Theres A Place, Heather Burns